Express Wash Tunnel Questions
Can the wash tunnel wash my vehicle?
Classic Auto Spa’s washing system was specifically designed for us to accommodate the greatest variety of vehicles on the road today. Unfortunately, there are some vehicles that cannot be washed in our tunnel. Because a safe washing experience for all is our greatest concern, specific guidelines must be followed when determining if a vehicle can be washed at Classic Auto Spa. If you have questions regarding your vehicle, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Vehicles we cannot wash in our tunnel:
- Vehicles with a hitch-mounted bike, ski, wheel chair or other equipment
- Vehicles more than 7’3” tall
- Trucks with dual rear tires
- Vehicles with permanently-affixed tri-pod style mirrors
- Full-size Hummers (H1)
- Open-bed pickup trucks with debris, tools, or any other loose materials
- Trucks/vans with ladders
- Vehicles that sit lower than 5”
- Trucks with greasy fifth wheels
- Tires that are greater than 12.5″ wide
What our customers are responsible for:
- Broken or bent antennas
- Bug shields
- Roof racks (bike, ski, luggage, etc. )
- Modified or non-factory equipment
- Existing damage (rust, cracks, loose moldings or mirrors )
Is the Express Wash Tunnel safe for my convertible, vinyl, or canvas-topped vehicle?
Will the tunnel "brushes" scratch my vehicle?
What is the "Spot Free Final Rinse"?
How often should I bring my vehicle to be washed?
It depends. Personal preference, where you drive and park your vehicle, exposure to damaging elements (i.e., bugs, bird droppings, tree sap, ect.), these are just a few of the variables that must be taken into consideration. The International Car Wash Association recommends weekly washes for vehicles that are subjected to pesticides, sand, salt, industrial fallout, bugs, tree sap, and/or bird droppings. Vehicles driven infrequently and kept in covered areas can usually get by with a wash every two weeks. It’s important to remember that the sooner you wash your car after exposure to any of these damaging elements, the better. As long as these substances are in contact with your paint, they can continue to harm your vehicle’s delicate finish.
Is Exterior Detailing available at all locations?
Our hand-washing services are only available at our Lafayette location.